
Several months ago, my dad mentioned taking the kids to the Rendevous at Ft. Bridger. As it got closer we got more serious about going and decided to do it. My parents are brave! We "camped" at the Holiday Inn in Evanston. Now that is what we call camping!

As you can see, the Wyoming sun was high and hot! Almost everyone, except us, was dressed in time period attire: buckskins, pioneer clothing, mountain man attire, we saw everything and on some I mean everything(almost)! We felt very underdressed. The rendevous felt very nostalgic. You really felt like you were going back in time. Everything had to be authentic to the time of the early 1800s. We saw teepees, wall tents and vendors that sold authentic leather clothes, knives, tomahawks, flint-lock guns, candles, pottery, bow and arrows, etc. etc. It was really cool.

This is inside the original Ft. Bridger. There they had a blacksmithing demo. My dad gave each of the kids $20 to buy something. We ended up with a wooden rifle, pistol in a holster, raccoon tale, rabbit pelt, deer horn, beaded necklace and pioneer doll for Elsie, and these cool leather magnifying glass necklaces. Eric got me this awesome butter dish! They had some really great stuff!

We also enjoyed a fire starting demo with flint and steel. Here the kids got to help blow on the fire to get it started.

Henry and Jack had their wood guns engraved by a magnifying glass with their names. It was fun to watch. Elsie ended up with a pistol too. She had to be like her brothers. Eric engraved hers. It turned out great!

Another highlight was the Native American Dancers. Their costumes where so bright and elaborate. It was beautiful to watch! We had a great weekend! Thanks Mom and Dad!!
5 comments:
WOW! Lot's of fun! I especially like the I HEART NY!
Hello Dahl family! It is Natalie Morgan Lyman, Erics cousin. I found your blog through Stephs..send me your email address and I will send you an invite to our blog...it is private due to creepy anonymous comments! I would love to keep in touch with you guys!
Tiff, Your family does so many fun things! I bet grandpa was just a big kid that weekend!
Fun trip! I tag you...look at my blog.
how fun!!! You guys do such cool stuff!!! Maybe if we weren't always moving, we would too!!! Sure miss you guys!
Post a Comment